Friday, December 18, 2009

Happy Anniversary Kiddo!

Another year has passed and this "Gotcha Day" we headed over to the B&O Railroads in Baltimore. Every year I try to take Kobi on an excursion and do something fun. December 18th will always mark one of the most important days on this earth for me and so each year I try to celebrate it with Kobi by doing something new and fun for him. Last year was the museums in DC, the previous year was the Baltimore Aquarium and of course my favorite "Gotcha Day" was in Taiwan when I got to hold my son for the first time. Kobi had a blast! I never dreamt that looking at old trains would be hours of entertainment but in this kiddos eyes... it was a good day!


This has to be one of my favorite photos! I know I took 30 hours of mandatory parenting classes and I should have totally abided by the museums rules but he's only off the floor by a foot or two and that train is like solid steel. :)
The ceiling was really amazing! This picture so doesn't do it justice but it would be awesome for some less photographically challenged people to take some amazing pics of.


Yeah... he's rolling around on the ground. Germs everywhere, people cringing when they walked by (I swear giving me dirty looks) but hey he's three and hubby was working so I had no backup here. LOL!
We met up with one of mama's girlfriends and this is another good picture. Kobi's buddy Brady is covering the sign that says do not play on this car but clearly the boys had a different plan.


Yep... those are ropes your not suppose to cross.

Not a good picture of us but its the best we got today. Even the "sports" setting on the camera is sometimes to slow to keep up with a three year old!
I can't believe how much my baby has grown!

3 comments:

Kylie said...

Kobi is just gorgeous & reminds me very much of my son Toby who we adopted from Taiwan Sept 06. He will be 4 in Feb & just like Kobi, full of energy & enthusism for everything & everyone. We arrived back from Taiwan in Oct this year with No.2 a baby girl Polly, feel very honoured to have 2 beautiful children from Taiwan. Toby loves keeping tabs on Kobi. Christmas joy to all.

Jennifer said...

What a special day! I can not believe how much time has passed. Seems like just yesterday! Glad you had a wonderful day! Love you guys!

Kristin said...

I remember following your blog way back then and getting so wrapped up in your Gotcha Day with just one month left until ours!! I can't believe it has been three years!! And I can't believe that Kobi keeps getting cuter! How is that possible?!