Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Happy 1st Anniversary Kobi Baby!

One year ago in Taichung Taiwan! Today in Baltimore Maryland!

Yes guys its been a year! I remember a year ago thinking to myself "Oh my God... someone is actually entrusting me in the life of a little person?" LOL! Now a year latter I'm reminded that Kobi IS my little life buddy and the fact that he was born across a huge ocean by someone else has nothing to do with the fact that he is and acts just like me! I'm sure some of you out there (not in the adoption community)are saying "Huh?" but its true. Its been amazing watching him grow this past year. The way that he's picked up on my little habits (example... bringing the hair gel to me in the morning and giving me rolling eye looks or funny glances when daddy does something silly) its just remarkable. I love the way that he's all teeth when he smiles and his laugh just carries through any room that he's in. Don't get me wrong... this little man's got attitude for only being one but he wouldn't be my kiddo without it:)
So since we started our life in a rather large town (Taipei) a year ago I found it only fitting to go to another large town (Baltimore... NO WHERE NEAR THE SIZE OF TAIPEI) to honor our 1 year anniversary. In a way I feel this is more Kobi's birthday to me then his actually one and so we hit the National Aquarium and bugged that Santa person for the day and since daddy had to work we packed up our friends Lisa and Brady and hit the town!

Hope you enjoy the pictures. Kobi and Brady had a blast!!

1st reaction to seeing fish in a tank. Priceless!Mama's favorite part was seeing the puffy penguins.
Now moving on to business... Lisa and I were so impressed that Kobi walked right up to Santa! And YES guys these are the only pictures I got because the going rate for a professional Santa picture in Baltimore is $35! No tears. Woo Hoo!How do kids sleep like this? He slept the whole car ride home...
but not to worry. As soon as we arrived home he was off to playing on the steps just like usual!Love Ya Baby! You truly are the light of daddy and mama's life and December 18th will always mark the happiest day of our lives... the day you made us your parents!

24 comments:

JackieMacD said...

What a beautiful post. I love the before and after photos! "Happy Family Day"

JEff said...

Happy 1 Year! I just bought Reed his first ornament from us - it's not a Baby's First Christmas...it's a Forever Family one. I think you are right; that first moment is priceless, unforgettable. Glad you guys had fun celebrating.

LaLa said...

Happy Family Day!!! Isn't it amazing how our lives were changed on the other side of the world! He is such a handsome little man and is growing so fast. Glad you had a fun day : )

Karin and Rob said...

Congratulations on your first anniversary as a family!

I have to say I am SO impressed by Kobi's brave approach to Santa! And the fish viewing picture is hilarious -- what an expression!

Merry Christmas!

Tish said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! What a fun family you have!

David and Janalee said...

Happy Family Day! Your post is amazing and Kobi is such a cutie!
Love all the pictures.
Happy Holidays!
Janalee
Maya's mom

R... said...

It's funny, as I was looking at the photos and before I read the rest of your post, I was thinking that you and Kobi are starting to look more and more alike - especially in that first photo in Baltimore! Don't you see it? Maybe it's just the light from within that you bring out in each other. Happy Happy Family Day!!

R...
Island Boy's Mom
http://littletatertot.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I got tears reading your post. Happy Anniversary Kobi! He looks so wonderful. It's amazing to think he's been with you a year already. I hope you had a wonderful Gotcha Day anniversary :)

Brady Balighian said...

We felt very lucky to be able to spend such a special day with you. Since Kobi came into your life you have grown into an even better person. It's great to watch how wonderful you are with Kobi. I always say this but... he is so very lucky to have found you and you are so lucky to have found him.

Sarah said...

Happy Family Day!!! Wow, seems like he's looking more like a little man and not a baby with each post. Sigh. Maybe it doesn't feel that way when you're on diaper duty! One year ago today I was oohing and ahhing over your beautiful travel photos... my favorites were of you guys in a park in the rain... with that beautiful white bridge. I SO want to go there. I'm even remembering the photo of you and a young Taiwanese woman where she said "You're Hot!" and you point back at her "You're Hot!" Heehee. Anyway, thanks for over a year of beautiful photos and words that have warmed my heart... and the styling product advice too, OF COURSE!

Phil and Tamara said...

Congrats on 1 year guys! I have loved watching him grow over the year! He is such a little cutie. Here's to another awesome year!

Par said...

He's mommy and daddys baby boy!
Cutie pie bring so much smiles on people's face with his cute face!

Nicole said...

Sherry,
Wow-a year already-did it go fast? Kobi is sooo adorable-love the Santa pics!
thanks for visiting our blog too!
Merry Christmas!
nicole

Colin said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys all look like you had a blast!

Rebecca Lily said...

Sherry, what a wonderful post, and my goodness isn't Kobi becoming such a little man!! :) I'm glad you had a great time in Baltimore celebrating the day you became a family. :) Congrats and hugs to you all!
Rebecca

Tiffany said...

Happy 1 year family day!! Yeah. Mr Kobi is just too handsome, he is getting so big! You guys look fab and I can't believe he loved santa so much that is awesome...sophia and I love following your blog - you truly helped us through our trip :)
Merry Christmas!!! Hope we can get together after the holidays!
Love
tiffany and sophia

Holly said...

Hey Sherry! Long time no talk! Congrats on 1 year! We got our referral on the 17th one day before your anniversary! We are so excited and it is the best Christmas present ever!!!!

Holly

shelley said...

Happy Family Day!!! It is amazing to see what love can do for a boy. He is growing into such a lovely young man.

Kristin said...

YAY!!! Congratulations! I remember checking your blog like crazy that week waiting for updates. I am so happy that you have had such an incredible year with your little boy. Your post gave me goose bumps. I completely agree with every word!!!

ps I am so jealous of your Santa pictures! Laney is not a fan!

Glinda said...

Beautiful.

Happy Anniversary and I hope all of you had yourselves a Merry little Christmas.

Ann said...

I love this post. It's so nice to reflect on the amazing last year!!!

Amy, Ryan, Aidan and Lauren said...

Great post, Sherry! Happy anniversary, and thanks so much for all the help and advice you provided us before we traveled!

Tisra said...

Oh my goodness! Has a year really passed?! Congratulations on this milestone. I'm having a really hard time wrapping my head around the fact that we've known all these adoptive families for a year and a half now. Maybe next Christmas we'll *be* one of them.

Tisra
waiting for referral (on the list 8 months!)
http://lifetrain.blogspot.com

Just Us said...

I'm soo far behind on the internet..so I'm catching up. Happy 1 year anniversary. I remember that day so well and what a special time. It is amazing how the year has gone by and how much Kobi has grown into such a wonderful young man. Kristie