Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy 2nd Anniversary Kobi Baby!

Two years ago in Taichung Taiwan...
Today in Washington DC!



It has been two years since the first moment I held Kobi in Taiwan. Today will always mark an incredible day in my life and keeping up with my tradition I wanted Kobi to spend it in an equally cool way. Last year was the Baltimore Aquarium. So this year (being as behind as I am) I simply asked Kobi what he wanted to do this Gotcha Day. To which he said "Wanna see dead dinosaur's, wanna see their bones". Hmmm... OK... DC has those so here we come! LOL! (Should I be worried... I don't know??? LOL!)
Anyway, I made my way down county to the Metro. Which Kobi LOVES for some ungodly reason. Who would think public transportation would have such excitement! Moving on I must say that besides the fact that there is no elevators in site (hello stroller here!) that the Metro is the way to travel to DC. Although I did exit on the wrong street but a very nice bum sold me a map and all was good:)
We mainly only hit the National Museum of Natural History and ran up and and down the Mall before we called it a day but I do foresee a future trip (hubby included) back to those 'bones" :)
So HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BABY!
You light up my life with every smile you give.

7 comments:

JEff said...

He is growing up too fast! Happy Kobiversary!

Just Us said...

Happy Kobiversary..had to copy Jeff and Abbey..too funny. I remember those gotcha day pictures like it was yesterday. Kobi has grown up into such a wonderful young man in search of dead stuff and bones..hmmmm : ). No seriously, congratulations and looks like you had a blast at the Museum!

Unknown said...

I remember! And I remember the shopkeeper girl telling you that you were sexy! Happy Anniversary! He is so very precious with his dead bones!

Thanks for the eyelid saggage info!!!

Sherry said...

Yes... Sexy Girl! LOL! Your right. She will always be what I remember on that one shopping trip... Actually it was "Your Sexy, Your Hot". LOL! Hey why cant jewelry sales people be like that here... maybe I'd buy more:)

Or I guess I should be thankful she didn't tell Matt he was "Sexy & Hot". Hahaha!

And thanks there Mr Reed. I now have a new term for Kobi's "Gotcha Day", KOBIVERSARY! I LOVE IT!

Kelly Mc said...

Good Job keepin up the tradition Momma! Looks like you had an awesome day.

Tisra said...

Maybe he's destined to be a paleontologist? :-)

Either way- CONGRATULATIONS on knowing your Kobi for two years now!

Tisra
waiting for referral
http://lifetrain.blogspot.com
www.tisrafadelyoriginals.etsy.com

Megan said...

Congratulations on your 2nd year w/ Kobi! He is getting so handsome and he looks smart too..Happy Holidays!
XOXO,
Megan and Kimi