Saturday, December 23, 2006

GOTCHA DAY!!!

Finally with much excitement we are a family of three!! The picture below was where Kobi lived for four months with his foster mama. The drive to Taichung Taiwan seemed to take forever (in reality it was about two hours). I was so excited and as soon as we arrived at his home the foster mama waited right by the door holding Kobi. It was the most surreal moment of my life! Plus it was the sunniest/ warmest day in all of our trip. I think we were blessed with good weather. The first time I held Kobi I had to give him a huge flying air kiss! (He loved it!) He loved his daddy right away!This is Kobi's foster mama. She seemed to be great with Kobi and gave me some words of wisdom. They were this: Keep feeding him or he gets angry. If you don't feed him fast enough the whole world will know. (Latter we realized that was very true)This picture was taken at the agency. Everyone signs the wall. It was really cool to see where most people lived and that we all came to Taichung for our babies!We made Fion join in. (Did I already say she was great during this whole trip??)Car ride back to the hotel in Taipei. Kobi was so excited. Cant you tell? The first things I noticed about this little guy. He laughs a lot and spits when hes excited. He takes everything in and is open to complete strangers. He loves his bottles and "surf-board" snacks (I think they are like baby rice cakes) he knows the game of Peek-A-Boo and last he rubs his head to go to sleep.
I hope to have video of "The Big Day" up and rolling soon but for now here you are world...BABY KOBI!!!!!

4 comments:

Ann said...

Can't wait to see the video. He sure is a cutie. My fav picture is the first one. He has an honest little smile on his cute little face. Precious.

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Congratulations! Kobi looks so healthy and handsome! So glad that all went well with your trip. What a wonderful Christmas for your sweet family!

J+Di Di said...

Congratulations!!! Kobi is very handsome! Love all of your pictures.
The Taiwanese girl was right. You look beautiful and "hot" plus you have a heart of gold that matches your blonde hair! lol:-)
Have fun being a mama.

Jackie

Anonymous said...

So amazing! Congratulations MaMa! I love the pictures too.. you didn't tell me you hobbied photography girl! You're good.. I too hobby photography! Jer also pets his own head to go to sleep... too sweet and funny! Kobi has a wonderful smile hon and beautiful eyes... I am so happy to see you guys together at last!