Thursday, May 17, 2007

Kobi Turn's 1 (The Movie)



OK guys...yet another home movie! I must say that throughout the adoption community I have met some wonderful people. Kobi and I had the great opportunity to attend a Birthday party a couple weeks ago for another Taichung beauty. She also just turned 1! At this party her mama taught us about the Zhua Zhou tradition. For all of you not familiar this is how it goes... At a child's 1st Birthday they are placed in front of what appears to be a million objects. Whichever object the child picks up and plays with has a significant meaning and that is what the child will grow up to become. I thought it was a lovely tradition and I wanted to do this with Kobi on his 1st Birthday. So thank you Sue! For giving me a list of objects, along with meanings and teaching me of this.

I hope you all enjoy watching Kobi's day and for all you waiting families Kobi blew out his 1 candle and made a wish...That your referrals are on their way and you will be holding your babies in no time:)

6 comments:

LaLa said...

I love a happy baby waking up!!! Oh, and a doctor..not bad. He is such a cutie and obviously LOVED beyond measure by so many people. What a lucky Mama you are!!

Andrea M said...

Patrick and I LOVED the video! What a sweet birthday. I liked the Zhua Zhou tradition.

Ann said...

What a happy baby. Does he always wake up so cheerful? How great. I love watching his videos and while I do I envision our little boy and what a great time it will be. You are always thinking of those that are still waiting. You're so sweet. One day...One day I'll be showing you videos of my little one. Til then I'll get my fix with KOBI.

kitchu said...

I just found your blog today- Kobi is SO precious, I loved his video and I remember reading about that tradition somewhere (I want to say in some China fiction novel, but I could be off- so maybe it's not just a Taiwan tradition?). Happy 1st Birthday to Kobi!

Brady Balighian said...

Happy Birthday Kobi!! We are so sorry that we couldn't make it to your birthday party. I am getting bigger everyday. I gained 1/2 a pound in 6 days. I am going through a growth spurt. Anyway, I can't wait to eat a cake just like you. I will see you soon:)

shelley said...

You are so good at the movie making. Steven Speilburg better watch his back. Happy Birthday big boy.