Tuesday, September 2, 2008

DC Zoo & Metro Too!

Kobi had his first train ride on Sunday. Ahhh... public transportation. LOL! He did awesome! I had forgotten how loud the Metro was and that it goes through tunnels but nothing seemed to scare Kobi so all was good:)

As soon as the train started his face had the biggest smile. It was the cutest thing just to watch his facial expressions the entire ride.

Once at the DC Zoo we hit the Asia Trail first.

When Kobi saw the panda bear he screamed "Look Panda Drinking His Nay-Nay!" (Milk, which is not how any of my Mandarin teachers have spelled it in English but this is how I read it and so this is how I write it... sorry I'm "phonetics" challenged :) Some Chinese people standing by started laughing.
It was really neat to watch the panda's. They play just like children! These must have been young ones.


The red pandas were Kobi's favorite and so he now has a new stuffed one that he affectionately named Home Depot. With the addition of the new red panda we now have a bedtime ritual. Kobi's beloved Ber-miss-son, Benjamin and now Home Depot must be tucked under the sheets every night before bed. There's one more giant panda that has been named get this... Pickles. However Pickles isn't cool enough to get covers like the rest of Kobi's buddies. Sorry Pickles, apparently your not in Kobi's posses. LOL!
After Zoo time we hopped over to Auntie Cassie's house (Sherry's sister) for a much needed pool dip. Sunday was hot! I just love this picture of Kobi hugging one of his favorite cousins Courtney. You can tell he just doesn't want to let go.


11 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun. I love the DC zoo! (and the metro too, cause it's so clean and easy to use)

LaLa said...

Love all the pics...Annslee loves the red pandas too! Glad you had a fun day : )

Brady Balighian said...

We are so glad that you are having so much fun! We miss you:)

JEff said...

How fun! I bet Kobi keeps you laughing. And, I love the status of all the animals and where they belong!

Par said...

A pretty empty ride there.
Nice to see a happy Kobi again!

Tisra said...

Am I the only one getting a good laugh out of "Home Depot"?! Oh my goodness that's funny! Been there a lot lately? :-)

The Rose Queen said...

Oh I've been missing out not checking out the blog, I haven't been a good blogger :o( Anyway, I love all the pics!! HE looks so cute at the zoo!

R... said...

That is such an awesome picture of Kobi with his cousin. The DC Zoo looks awesome!

R...

Just Us said...

Looks like the DC zoo was fun...but probably equally as fun was the train ride!! : ). I love his the name of his newest bear Home Depot (must be b/c you folks are there a lot with your remodeling) and poor pickles...just not cool like that to cruise under the sheets with the other cool dudes : (

Tish said...

he looks so big! love the facial expressions! hey, how is that bathroom coming along?

Sarah said...

I'm going through Kobi withdawl. Please help! Several rounds of retail therapy are not helping!