Wednesday, August 27, 2008

To the Beach!

Delaware bound and sun lotioned up! A couple days ago we made our way over the border:)
I must have taken at least 300 pictures in 3 days so to not bore everyone I put them in video form with music.


I was so proud of Kobi this trip. For the first time he slept in a big boy bed. Actually a queen size bed but you get the point:) I was so worried that I would wake up to a wandering toddler that was playing with knives in the kitchen or pushing buttons on the hot tub outside but nope, to my surprise baby Kobi actually stayed put in his bed and hollered for us in the morning to come and get him. I think a big boy bed is in the near future now! It was so wonderful to see his face light up the moment he saw the ocean and I think because of this trip he has a true grasp on all the days of the week. One week before we actually left he would say "Goin to the beach now?" to which I'd say "On Saturday baby, today
is ____". Would you believe during our ride to Delaware he could recite all the days of the week. Matt and I were shocked! Such a smarty!

Now is it just me or where did the summer go?






10 comments:

Sarah said...

Beautiful video, Sherry!

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

AWH! How fun! And how cute is that... Kobi's not scared of the crabs! My kids would be in a panic (well my son would be trying to grab it and drag it around but the girls would be squealing). You must have had a blast! Loved the photos & video... I've still not graduated into that 'net talent level yet. One day. haha =0) Sara

Unknown said...

Great pictures and video. I'm glad you posted - I've been wondering where you've been, :)

JEff said...

Apparently, Reed would be the only one wandering around in the middle of the night. I keep hearing these stories of toddlers who call there parents to come and get them out of the bed. That's not us. Reed meets us at the gate!

Laura said...

Ok, I'll admit it... I am green with envy. Your vacation looks so wonderful and relaxing! I am having some ocean cravings now, for sure.
Kobi looks like he loves the water and sand.
Enjoy!

Laura

Just Us said...

What a wonderful vacation you folks had. I loved the video and I have always loved her music. I was amazed looking at the crabs you folks got and Kobi inspecting it. So cute.

And by the way, Kobi is soo smart that he can recite all the days of the week! Man when did he start growing up and becoming a little boy?

Jennifer said...

We visited Delaware a few weeks ago. It was really nice. Chloe loved the beach even though the water was cold. Glad you guys had fun!!
Jennifer
mama to Chloe

Anonymous said...

It's not just you...I'm wondering where our summer went, too!

I love the pictures and the video!

J+Di Di said...

I am drooling looking at those beautiful pictures and video~~~ Great pictures and what a nice vacation...hahaha..

As usual, Kobi's smiles make me feel happy too!! I am living vicariously through you!! LOL.....

Tish said...

i agree..where did teh summer go?? but how lucky that you got to end it with a beach trip!

the photos are great...the one of you holding up kobi reminds me of the day you first met him...when you held him up.

he is one little smart dude!