Sunday, September 28, 2008

Bathroom Before & After

Kobi's bathroom is almost finished! With the exception of quarter round molding and accessories I can say I'm somewhat happy with the finished product! As most of you know I had no desire to spend any kind of real money on baby mans bathroom. Quite frankly I just don't know how long we will stay in this house as I feel like the walls are already closing in on me:) So here is the run down on my expenses. Now remember this was my "Design on a Dime" bathroom. LOL!
1. New peel in stick floors~$30 Home Depot
2. New toilet (since I cracked the tank putting the old one back in place and hey it was ugly anyway) ~$300 screw up. Home Depot
3. Paint~ $35 Walmart (for walls & ceiling)
4. Paint for cabinet~ $18 Rust-Oleum. This went on well (thin but that was a good thing. I used gray primmer then high gloss black)
5. New mirror~ $60 (Yes! Only $60 bucks at Home Goods... Rock On!)
6. New lights~ $275 Home Depot Expo
7. New ceiling fan/ light~ $80 Home Depot
8. New faucet~ $80 + $119 (Note to self... check how many holes are actually drilled in the sink if you are not replacing the counter top before you purchase a way cool bamboo style faucet on Overstock.com that requires only one hole and get this you have two! LOL! Its fine I needed another faucet for the basement bathroom anyway:)
9. Two shower curtains~ $50 total on clearance at Bed Bath and Beyond (I used one to make the curtain)
10. Curtain Tie Backs~ $6 Again on clearance at Bed Bath & Beyond that I used like a "curtain rod" to make a swag
11. New Shower Curtain Rod~ $15 Home Goods strikes again!
12. New Bath Mat~ $12 You guessed it... Home goods!
13. New knobs~ $15 Home Depot Expo
So that puts me out roughly (Drum Roll Please!) $976.00
Under a grand "Woo Hoo" and no more ugly blue and white floors!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Sherry, it's beautiful!!!! Wowza, Mama!

Rebecca Lily said...

It looks fab, Sherry!!!! You did a great job.

Unknown said...

It looks fantastic. Fell free to come re-do my house sometime. I mean when I am actually not renting...

Brady Balighian said...

Wow!!! This looks great. I'm a little ashamed to admit that Kobi's bathroom is much MUCH nicer than mine.

Just Us said...

Wow..what a FAB job you did there mamma..and at what savings..minus the faucet incident. You should be proud of yourself..great job..now that you finished all these projects what will you tackle next?