Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Noodles, Pools and Tiles

Now you know why Kobi is fed naked. I'll get the hose :)

On Sunday we took full advantage of Aunt Cassie's pool. Her whole fam was away on a mini vacation so we totally broke through the gate, stole some towels, splashed around and soaked up some sun! Thanks Auntie Cassie! (Now if your wondering how you didn't know about this well daddy and mama meticulously put the pool cover back on, pushed all the million tiny pebbles Kobi was playing with back in to the flowerbeds where they belonged and left as soon as we heard sirens. Hehe! We probably should have told those neighbors of yours who we were:)

SO THANKS FOR LETTING US USE THE POOL!!

Next comes the tiles. I am ashamed to even show this picture. LOL! Below is how Kobi's bathroom looked. Now before you say OMG there is spackle all over the walls, why is the toilet and tub beige when the floor is clearly white and blue and could it be any more stark. Well let me tell you I am trying to rectify this problem. This is one of those rooms when we bought our foreclosed home in 2002 that was first on the "To-Do List" but sadly has been overlooked for years (mainly because the rest of the house was this sad on move in day as well). Plus I am attempting this room unassisted. Yep people wish me luck! I am such a HGTV addict that after watching all those design shows I've gone completely nuts and said "Screw it!" I can do this stuff myself just like those people on Design to Sell! LOL! So I went to Home Depot bought a box of Traffic Master Original press on tiles in beige slate, ripped off the quarter round molding, put the toilet in a different room and just started slapping new tiles down on the ugly vinyl floor.Oh my goodness! It was sooooo easy! I can not believe that I waited this long to do this and it really looks like real tiles (until you step on it) but you know what I mean. Plus get this... the box of tiles only cost $30! So Kobi's bathroom has become my Design on a Dime bathroom. Hehe! (***Yes where the cabinet meets the tile still needs moulding***) Next I will be changing the faucet to the "bamboo" inspired one that I found at Overstock.com , changing the knobs to silver and painting the blah, blah cabinet black to match Kobi's furniture. I think on the walls I will try a linen wall paper and I have got to find a cool mirror to replace the builders grade oh so chic humongous one. The 80's light fixture I have already ripped out and replaced with this one pictured below. I must say the Home Depot Expo had beautiful lighting and that's where I snagged this one. (The last picture really doesn't show it to well so go here to see it more clearly)

So noodles, pool, tile all in 2 days time. Been a little busy but in a good way. Now if anyone has any bathroom suggestions I'm all ears. As you can plainly see I've got an ugly room on my hands that needs "beautifying". LOL!

11 comments:

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

Girl, get you some new towel racks! Those suckers become hanging targets for the little ones when they are old enough to reach so opt for some anchors as well. Also if you want to stick with the silver, get new knobs & handles on the drawers and cupboard doors. Makes a HUGE difference and not much mulah either. Anyways, great job on the faux tiles... I like the color too... so much better at masking dirty little foot prints until one can clean (not that I ever have dirty foot prints.. ha ha j/j) =0) Sara

Sarah said...

I don't have any suggestions... looks like you're doing a super job all on your own! The only think I can think of is new knobs and handles for some BLING BLING. I used to have one of those double towel bars in our last house and loved it because could hang twice the stuff (well, stuff meaning bras and pantyhose after they've been in the washer).

Anonymous said...

Switch the towel racks to hooks. When Kobi is older he will be able to hang his own towel properly on a hook. It will save you much aggravation of clumped up towels. You can frame the mirror with molding. Happy decorating.

Kristina

David and Janalee said...

Good Job Sherry! Love the new look. As a mother of four boys and cleaner of all the bathrooms in the house, I just have to say that wallpaper and little boys with "aiming issues" do not mix well at all! I have scrubbed the walls (and shower curtain, and pretty much everything in the vicinity of the tiolet)so many times that when I design my boys bathroom it will have all tile walls and floors with a spicket and a drain in the middle of the room so I can just hook up that power hose!
My boys are much better these days but we still have the occasional 2a.m. sleepwalk to the bathroom that never fails to splatter in the wierdest places! Boys, you gotta love em.
Kobi is such a handsome little guy!
Have a good week,
Janalee

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

Ha ha! I forgot that I have a firehose as well! My favorite, Son, hold that thing as I walk by the bathroom... his response is not to hold, but to turn around and face me and say what?! And the "what" follows! I second the industrial strength tile walls or at least gloss paint that is washable behind the toliet. Or maybe half tile, half wallpaper up top? Or a Peter potty flushing urinal!

Tisra said...

Job well done! You should be proud of your DIY job! And, as a mom to two boys, Janalee is (sadly) totally right. But, I'm sure Kobi will never do that! ;-)

Laura said...

Love the faucet... can't wait to see the finished project!

Tish said...

wow...you should have your own show on HGTV!!!! i bet they would hire you!

Staci said...

I have be lurking on your blog for awhile now and thought I should say "Hi". I finally just started my own blog. Great job on the bathroom...I also recommend towel hooks over racks. Kobi is such a handsome little guy. My daughter loves his hair and tells me that if she gets a brother I have to make his hair like Kobi's. =)

Staci
www.2intaiwan.blogspot.com

Just Us said...

I knew we had a lot in common. I watch those shows all the time! You did a fabulous job there mamma. Great selection on the flooring and that faucet is so darn cute. It really is hard renovating your house with all the pieces you like and trying to envision the finished product. Great lighting..it is fabulous!! Kristie

R... said...

I love it!! We've always got a few projects around here that we think about forEVER and then one day we just get them done, but I'm not sure I would ever get ambitious enough to do what you're doing. Still, you're making it sound pretty easy and it certainly looks great, so I better get off this computer and go get something done! :-)