Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Exhaustion

Yes people I am exhausted this week and I've said it! :)

Kobi is a healthy little perfect angel of course but this week has brought a realization to me. As most of you know that I am a 40 hour a week working woman on top of that whole parenting thing. That both Matthew and I are blessed to have both our parents living about 10 minutes away and helping us in our daycare needs and have the best coworkers in the world for allowing us come and go as we please (figuratively speaking). So why you might ask could I possible be exhausted? Yes we were given these fabulous parents that are supportive and would do anything for us but on the other hand not only do I feel as though I have to raise Kobi as an active member of society, bring in a pay check thus sending Kobi to the best schools I can, keep a clean home and finish home projects, plan Easter and have time to simply take Kobi to the park, along with an array of endless self accomplishments that I have mentally given to myself but I've also been blessed with "old" parents. Not that that's a bad thing but I have a mother who goes into diabetic coma about once a month (and she's the healthy one) a father that's never recuperated after open heart surgery, a mother-in-law that is very, very sick right now (and hopefully its not TB... a whole other story in itself) and I think to myself are all families like mine? I love my parents dearly but at 27 should you already be telling your parents things like "You have three children and you should start thinking of who you want to take care of you"? These are the things I have let run through my mind today. So now you see why I'm exhausted. All that plus the fact that now it has hit me like a brick to the face, Kobi needs to go into daycare. I have missed another day of work because all three of mine/ Matt's parental units are sick (extremely sick) and the idea of being a stay-at-home mom truly has me saying FABULOUS except that whole needing to eat part. So again exhaustion has set in. On the plus side with having an extra day off I have had time to tour a "what appears to be" wonderful little person's academy but I guess I will know for sure tomorrow when Matthew is taking off from his schedule and scooping out the place, plus meeting with another promising daycare provider that works out of her home. Now that I am finished with my rambling (and I hear another glass of wine calling my name) I feel the need to say something uplifting and positive because trust me I am not this person who is a "venter". That wants people saying it's OK, its just a bad day, I'm sorry blah, blah, blah. That's so not me! So in a happy note (Drum roll PLEASE...) Kobi has used the potty! And I'm talking the adult, full size potty! Forget the potty chair people! Yes I may be cleaning pee pee off my bathroom walls, curtains, mirrors, etc (the joys of having a boy) but right now I feel as though there has been an accomplishment. LOL! Now let us all cross our fingers that tomorrow Kobi will find the potty to be as cool a place to be as today. LOL!

12 comments:

LaLa said...

{{{HUGS}}}} friend. Sorry all this is going on right now. Mark's mom was just in town and it was such a blessing and we wish she lived closer. I know about ailing parents as we lived with my dad when he was really sick. I hope everyone heals quickly.

YAY on the potty!! Annslee never used a potty chair...frankly, they are gross anyway....ha ha

Tish said...

Gosh, Sherry, I feel bad because I was the one posting, "Helloooo, where are our Kobi pictures????" Blog pressure!!!! Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. I wish we lived nearby; I would watch Kobi for you...although he would have to learn how to wash off the walls after going to the bathroom!!! TAKE CARE!!!

Sherry said...

Tish your too funny... trust me I laughed when I read your "Helloooo comment". Now when I find what cleaner works for pee stained walls I'll fill you in. As I'm sure Matthew will need it too... you just wait:) LOL!

Just Us said...

Sherry, I'm so sorry to hear about your family!!! My prayers to them. I know what you mean about childcare..it is really hard/sad, but I completely understand. Yu-Lin started daycare 2 weeks ago and I went back to work on Monday. Boo. But on a happy note, that is awesome about Kobi using the big potty...you rock. You have to give me some pointers on how to do that!! Take Care. Kristie

Just Us said...

Sherry, I'm so sorry to hear about your family!!! My prayers to them. I know what you mean about childcare..it is really hard/sad, but I completely understand. Yu-Lin started daycare 2 weeks ago and I went back to work on Monday. Boo. But on a happy note, that is awesome about Kobi using the big potty...you rock. You have to give me some pointers on how to do that!! Take Care. Kristie

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear about the parental health troubles. I feel really blessed after reading about their health concerns.

Um, pee on the mirror? (scratching my head)

Speaking of boys and pee, I was folding my husbands laundry tonight and I asked him why men's underwear have the hole in the front. Guys don't really use that hole when they go pee, do they? After placing much emphasis on telling me that it's not okay to watch another guy use the urinal... he said that he doesn't know any men that use the hole. Sherry, what do your sources tell you about the hole in male underwear???

J+Di Di said...

Oh Sherry- perhaps we should drink together..hahaha... I know exactly what you mean & you are my HERO. My house is a total mess with dirty dishes and laundry, my baby is usually messy, never goes to any play dates, and my work desk is a total mess. I don't accomplish half of what you do, yet I feel xhausted most of the time..lol!!! Yes, you are still my hero after your venting, so vent as you please. I am all ears!!!
Jackie
p.s. Send me an email if you want to vacation on the Big Island of Hawaii. :)

JackieMacD said...

Of COURSE you should have that second glass of wine! :) So sorry things are tough right now... your positive energy is fantastic but once in a while it's OK to kick and scream.

Vent away, girl!

-J
taiwanlucy.blogspot.com

R... said...

Wow. I've been out of the loop for a while and feel like I've missed so much. Good luck with the daycare search and I hope all of your parents are feeling better soon. The potty news is awesome!! Maybe Kobi can get over here and show Island Boy how it's done? ;-)

R...

Unknown said...

I am just gonna say HUGS and have a nice Rioja for me and leave it at that.

Congrats on the potty. I am hoping Miss Chick will get in the groove of the potty this summer - when she can run around in less clothing (not naked cause it's never warm enough here for that)

Amy, Ryan, Aidan and Lauren said...

Sorry things are tough right now, Sherry. You have a great attitude but it's good to hear you venting a little, like we all do. I hope everything works itself out soon.

Akabah said...

Sounds like things are really tough right now... hang in there! Its a strange feeling, caring for and worrying about both the younger and the older generation at once. I hope the childcare situation turns out well. I had to put Helena in daycare rather unexpectedly and in the end she's gotten alot from it...good luck, and take care of yourself!