Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Energized and Ready to Go!


First off I must start out by saying a warm THANK YOU to all those cyber hug givers! You all are so awesome and really brought up my spirit since the last post:) Now moving straight to business...I so solemnly swear there will be no more mama meltdowns while you check in on "Kobi's World". All is good right now. LOL! The spa day on Friday did wonders. As I took some remarkable mommy advice to heart from fellow friend Kristen. The daycare situation has come to a cease-fire and dare I say it... Kobi just had his first day of school today! I was such a proud mama this morning when Kobi and I walked hand and hand right through the front door, down the hallway, greeting other children and marched right into "THE ROOM". Now I'm talking about the 2-3 year old classroom here people. Where my son is greeted by other 2 year old comrades immediately. Now a part of me seems to think "How could it be this easy?" Could my Kobi man actually take right to his teacher and surroundings just with a snap of the finger? Wishful thinking! All I can say is the "terrified yell/ screaming marathon" roared its ugly head from the moment I left the room until (from what I've heard) the moment daddy came for pick-up seven hours latter. There was no nap to be had, endless tears and my Kobi man portraying Gandhi as you guessed it... he refused to eat. So on a lighter note here are some Kobi pictures that were snapped "pre" school/ daycare.

Honestly I don't have a clue how much longer the crib will last. The mattress is literally resting on the floor and yet Kobi looks like he could climb out whenever he very well pleases.
Certainly not a photogenic picture but doesn't he look like a 3 year old? He may be the youngest in his class but I kid you not he's got some height on those other kiddo's. Must take after his daddy:)
Wish us luck tomorrow as we make yet another debut at school. Were gonna need it!

9 comments:

Tish said...

That is SO funny...and sounds just like what Matthew would do...scream the entire time! But Matthew would NOT pass up eating for anything. Kobi sure looked handsome! Hope tomorrow is better!!!

Tish said...

BTW, no...not using dryer sheets. And I hardly even use soap on him in his baths...sounds gross, but his skin is just so tempermental. So many people have said to expect allergies and asthma along with his atopic dermatitis. These poor little dudes!!! Hope Kobi's list of foods that bother his skin doesn't include the good stuff liek pizza and cookie dough!

Brady Balighian said...

I hope tomorrow is better:) He's going to be such a smart student!! We can't wait to see you at Brady's birthday party!!!

shelley said...

It will get better. I have computer cameras at Claire's daycare and it hurt me to watch her be fearful and aloof. She now knows that we will be back and loves her little friends. You can do it...stay strong...he will learn to love it there.

Just Us said...

Sherry, sounds like it actually was a good day it a strange way. Yu-Lin did the same thing when I left him at day care. It broke my heart to leave him and hearing him scream his lungs out. He took one nap, but I think it was from sheer exhaustion and also didn't eat. But as the days went on (a week), he did get better and now he is a little daycare man. Smiles at all the teachers when they call him handsome boy and steals all the toys away from the younger kids and pushes the gate down everyday to enter the 1 yr. old room. I told him to just wait until he graduates to the 1 yr. old room because all the other kiddos will be stealing his toys. : ). Good job mamma..and hang in there..can't wait to hear about his second day. Kristie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful boy in every picture! Good luck with school :)!

J+Di Di said...

Hope Kobi man had a better day at school today!! It might take a while for him to like daycare, but Kobi will warm up to it soon.
It took Shaun a while to love his daycare, but I think the junk food they feed him slowly won his heart and mind..hahaha.. I was the one in tears on the day when Shaun just eagerly ran into his class without even looking back or waving goodbye to me..lol...

Jackie

Tiffany said...

Hey Sherry! How's my fav shoppin gal doing? Kobi does look so big - he looks like he's grown 5 inches from last MONTH when we saw him. I'm sorry Mr Kobi's first day was hard for both him and mamma, it breaks you heart doesn' it?. It took us a good 3 - 3.5 weeks for SOphia to truly enjoy school and not cry when I left and to take naps on a nap map no less. This is after me singing stupid i love school songs on the way to school everyday :) It does get better and they learn sooo much! I hope today was better for ya and the fam is doing better.
love
tiffany and sophia

R... said...

Kobi always looks so happy in all of his pictures I can understand why he wouldn't want to be away from his mommy! It will get better. It may take time, so I hope the transition gets easier faster for you both. We'll be thinking about you and hoping for the best!

R...