Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Product Reviews and Kobi Updates

Oh my goodness! It has been 19 days since my last confession. LOL! We have been busy, busy these last couple days!
Playing in our Zebra tent...
(Thanks Aunt Cassie)

Watching the rain...

Attending Tea Parties...

(yes I'd never thought I'd say that about my son:)
Dodging balls...
Ripping out hideous peach flowered floors and living "plywood chic"...
(Only for a day though...)
and Kobi's new permanent fixture to his left arm... Yoda. As a child I would think this stuffed doll would totally freak you out but apparently not this kiddo?? (Whats funny is he's never even seen Star Wars)

So a recap to the last couple weeks here in our household...

#1 Started phase one of our kitchen remodel.

#2 Phase one of our bathroom(s) remodel.

#3 Now have a stuffed panda bear to which Kobi named Bermisson. (Yeah no idea where that name came from but Kobi sure loves his Bermisson.)

#4 We now have a 2 year old that counts to 29 and is using full "long" sentences. He now tells us what he wants to eat (and if we don't have it to go buy it), dresses himself in the morning (and if he puts on that "frog shirt" one more time I'm going to say the dryer ate it! LOL!), tells mama that he is in love (with Miss Susan aka his teacher) and that he wants a sister to play with.

So these are just a few things happening in Kobi's world and on another note I have a new list of beauty products (well worth the money) for us busy mama's. Topping the list is Smashbox Photo Finish Light . This is a make-up primer worth the $36 bucks that I paid at Sephora. I have noticed that my make-up stays put all day long even when its a 100 degrees outside! (And I thought "primers" were just glorified lotion. LOL!) Next product in the running is GoSmile. My teeth did get whitter and I had no trays, no strips and no gum sensitivity. Personally if you just need to get a couple shades whitter pitch the Crest White Strips and spend a few bucks more for this stuff! Moving on I have learned that the Obagi line I use has changed formula's. Boo!!! Since the change I now have breakouts! Double Boo!! So a new 4-step line I am using is Philosophy "On a Clear Day" and so far I think its working. I have also added DDF "Sulfur Therapeutic Mask" into my routine and this is the first over-the-counter mask that has cleared up a breakout in under 12 hours for me. I'm impressed! Blush wise I still stand by my Nars (Mata Hari) because of its matte, pigment rich color and I have been using Mavala Double-Lash formula on my eyelashes every night which claims to make longer/ fuller lashes. Hmmm... yeah its crazy but I swear my lashes have grown longer??

So moving on I need pant recommendations! My favorite pants are Express's "Editor Fit" pants. I rate them higher then the Victoria's Secret Christie Fit pants and now I have noticed that they have made bigger pockets that now leave the line across your thigh look and I totally hate that! So I need pant recommendations people! Who sells good tight fitting, figure slimming, butt lifting pants? You would think this would not be a huge dilemma but for me to find time to try on 5 million different pants all over Maryland with my work schedule is just not happenin so someone out there in blogworld pleaseeee help! LOL!

***I promise that the next post won't be in another 19 days:)

11 comments:

Tiffany said...

A SISTER TO PLAY WITH? AHHH come on Sherri what Kobi wants Kobi gets right - LOL :) I love it. 29 he counts to 29 that is great! Yoda and Bermisson is cracking me up, wherever do kids get this? He is getting so big! I cannot believe it. Thanks for the beauty update too - totally needed that getting sick of my norm.
Pants - okay so I'm short (you know this firsthand) soooo I'm not sure how much I can help but the Limited Drew Cut and Ann Taylor Loft Marissa cut have pants that are somewhat the same material. May work for ya - they come in long too.
Oh we've started our kitchen remodel so I'm there with ya sista. Should get good, we'll have to swap stories and go shopping for some new kitchen stuff - oh and some new fashions, fall is coming quick - LOL
sorry for the mini novel.

hugs -
tiffany (sophia too!)

Sarah said...

Let's take a poll. Who here thinks that Sherry would look stunning in any pair of paints that don't have "figure slimming, butt lifting" features? :)

I might have to check out that primer. My makeup wants to slide off my face at the end of the day. I do better now than I used to years ago now that I wear mineral makeup... but still, thinks just don't want to stick to oily skin in the summer.

Sarah said...

and I second Tiffany's motion that Kobi needs a sista!

LaLa said...

Oh, he soooo needs a sister!! I love all the pics and that tent is awesome!!! You could wear a burlap sack and look HOT!! : )

Oh, glad to hear Annslee is still Kobi's number one choice LOL

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

Burlap Sack! Burlap Sack! (chanting here)... toga toga! Okay, I love Tommy jeans because they fit just perfect on your lower hips without giving the saggy butt low pocket disaster look. They also make my butt look like I didn't have 3 monchichi (please say you remember those monkey dolls) which is saying ALOT! And that Zebra is fantastic! Love remodeling! =0) Sara

Par said...

That is such a cool tent!
Kobi looking like a cutie pie!

Tish said...

cute photos...ove the ones from the tea party. thanks for the products recommendations..i'll have to check those out! as for pants...i am soooo short, so can't help you there! but, i would say to look for Brazilian made pants. i went to a Brazilian store when i lived in CA and the pants were awesome, although i had to hem.

Ashton said...

I think he needs a sister to! I must say I L-O-V-E your profile pix it is adorable!

RamblingMother said...

cool tent. very busy indeed. love the permanent yoda fixture!

Just Us said...

Wow..you've been busy over there mamma. Love the beginnings of the remodel. And counting to 29 already..what a smart boy!!!! And that zebra tent rocks..I wish we had an Aunt Cassie : ) Kristie

R... said...

A kitchen remodel, a new sister and beauty and fashion tips? You are such a super mom!! Kitchen remodels aren't the funnest things to live through. I hope yours is quick and exactly what you want it to be! I'm no help in selecting the right pants department - I rarely wear them this time of year - but I'll look forward to hearing the verdict. Who has time to try on a zillion pairs??