Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Kobi's 1st Fair

What to do on a beautiful Sunday... play with your blow-up Sponge Bob at the Fair of course!We sat on all the tractors. (Pop-Pop eat your heart out:)We even ran into another little boy wearing the same shirt. However Kobi was much more "GQ" in his:)And our favorite animal is... drum roll please!A Sheep! (I think... someone correct me if I'm wrong please.)So we had a great time looking at all the animals and eating ice cream of course! I was also walking around the entire Fair grounds filming every moment (envisioning another Kobi movie in the making). Sure enough my camcorder ran out of disc space within the first 10 minutes. So yes... I was that crazy woman that walks around from barn to barn looking for better lighting, making silly sound effects to have a genuine "Kobi laugh" caught on video and of course I forgot to bring an extra Disc. Oh and this was all done wearing heels (LOL Sarah). So sorry guys. By the time I realised all this I just put that camcorder away, whipped out the Olympus Digital and took some quick snap shots, while "country on-lookers" stared at me as if I was from a different planet. I guess they thought I was the odd one but come on... I cant be the only mama that films and photographs her son while he sees a pig for the first time. Right!? LOL!
Here are some of my Black & Whites...

11 comments:

Sherry said...

I wanted to say Thank You guys for all the great ideas (on getting Kobi to walk outside). I'll let you know if they work (fingers firmly crossed) & thanks for all the tips! You guys are the best!

:)

LaLa said...

Did you just comment on your own blog...first...ha ha

Love the fair pics and I know he and Annslee could eat a ton of ice cream together.

shelley said...

I was the mother that was standing in the amusement park filming her daughters first merry-go-round ride with the lens cap still on. You are in good company. You still managed to capture great moments.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! I wish your hubby would've filmed the onlookers reactions - LOL it's tough to put city chic in a farm environment I totally understand! :) LOL.
Can't wait for Kobi's next video debut...he's so darn cute! you totally crack me up!
Tiffany

Sarah said...

OH MY GOSH!!! So funny! I'm looking at pics of Sherry, Kobi, and some sheep thinking to myself... "Man, I wish I could see what kind of footwear Sherry has on. Surely she isn't wearing heels to the fair in the sheep barn." And 3 seconds later I read "Oh and this was all done wearing heels (LOL Sarah)." She reads my mind, I swear! Okay, Sherry. Just how high were those heels that go into sheep barns? FYI, I was a 1996 County 4-H Queen and wore pantyhose and dresses all over the fair to attend livestock judging, and I never once wore ***heels*** in a livestock barn. You're nuts!

Anonymous said...

Crud NO... I photographed Jer doing his first poo poo on the potty...lol... You did it all in heals again! Girl! You are gonna break an ankle...lol. Ok.. not pretty, but must get Chaccos. I live in them.. have the farmer tan to prove it...HaHa! So, did Koby ride any rides? Just catching up on blogs and wanted to say hi... miss you!
Sarah k. (Jer's mom)

Kristin said...

I feel sorry for any child that is unfortunate enough to be wearing the same thing as your Kobi and has to come to the realization that he could never measure up. That is one adorable boy you have there!!!!

Brady Balighian said...

It looks like Kobi had a great time at the fair. Maybe next year I will enjoy it too! I love animals just like Kobi!

Anonymous said...

What a fun day at the fair grounds. And how dare anyone wear the same shirt as Kobi. I agree, is certainly more GQ especially with his cute hairdo!

Ann said...

Looks like fun...but seriously you should go out on a limb one day...be daring...start small....try flats, then we'll all ease you into some flip flops!!

Sarah said...

Heehee! Funny, Ann! Do you really think we can convert Sherry to join the flip flop club? Maybe we can somehow trick Sherry into posting pictures of her shoes in her closet. Or maybe we need to bribe her husband with promises of beer... better yet... free babysitters... and he could score us some pictures of all of these shoes. Look at the pics of his feet. He's a flip flop wearing guy! I think we found our mole.