Monday, August 27, 2007

Grotto of Lourdes

Since today was such a beautiful day Kobi and I took a drive. My entire life I have lived near the Grotto of Lourdes and never had I stopped to view how beautiful it really is. This place was created in 1858 and still stands today! Being the "Mamarazzi" that I am I had heard that the Grotto's gardens were rather pretty. So I came camera ready and prepared to shoot! Now I was raised Catholic but I am not a religious person however for some reason today I felt the need to pray. Maybe just knowing that people from all over have traveled to stand in the very same spot that I stood, light a candle and say a prayer. So here are some of my favorite pictures from today.

Is it just me or does Kobi's stroller look illuminated?

After our day at the Grotto... home again playing in the backyard.

Kobi's so cute in the grass...

for some reason he didn't want to get that right foot dirty?


7 comments:

LaLa said...

What beautiful photos!! Love that right foot thing ...

kitchu said...

Holy crap these pics are amazing woman!! Course, Kobi is the cutie patootie as always!

Anonymous said...

I just love these pictures. So beautiful. Love the black and white of Mary? with the sun in the background. Stunning. Kobi's stroller does look illuminated..wow.

Brady Balighian said...

Kobi is growing up so fast. It's a good thing you have lots of pictures to remember him at this age:) Have you taken him to the Baltimore Aquarium? Fridays after 5 are a lot cheaper, maybe we can go together.

LaLa said...

Hey, tag you're it!!

Michelle said...

Wow what a beautiful place and love the grass pictures. The right foot is so cute.

jen said...

Sherry, these pics are absolutely beautiful! I am sure you don't remember me, but thank you for all the info you gave me when we first started our Taiwan adoption journey. We hope to travel to get our little guy in a couple months! Kobi is adorable!!! He looks so happy!

jen (waiting for Ting Han, JOH)