Monday, February 23, 2009

Blue Room Photo Shoot









I rarely take pictures in our blue room but thought it might look neat with Kobi's pajamas that we had bought in Taiwan. He's finally grown into them. I remember saying he's never gonna fit into these! Well two years later and here you go! I love the way they turned out. Maybe more photo shoots will happen in the blue room:) I have been very behind in the picture department these days however I promise I've got some great ones in store:)
On a very exciting note I have a health update. In November I was told that I had Type 2 Diabetes. I was put on medication as soon as I left the doctors office (which made me extremely sick) and I removed myself off of the medication within one weeks time. I am happy to report that I not only have NO MORE type 2 diabetes but also am not even a pre-diabetic! I am such a disbeliever in medication to begin with. Except for extreme cases when clearly medication is needed. However this problem I have taken care of naturally by changing my complete way of life. I stopped eating carbs and sugars in the initial first two months and stuck with lots of vegetable soups and replaced my baked potatoes with sweet potatoes. I of course have the worst sugar tooth of all time and so I went through many pears and strawberries to replace ice cream and the brownies. I now eat organic food as much as possible and when I need sandwiches I've ditched the croissants for multi-grain pita's making sure nothing says "enriched" anywhere in the packaging. Towards the last month I ate "sugar-free" puddings and ice cream made with Splenda and I gotta say every bite bothered me a bit because I just think that stuff causes cancer. As an interesting note the same doctor also has had my thyroid checked out (which was normal) three months ago and now it appears as if I have an over-active thyroid. Now knowing me I have researched all this online and would you believe that eating artificial sugars can make your blood work appear as if you have an over-active thyroid? So now I have ditched the "sugar-free" stuff and gone completely to honeys and organic cane sugar. By far though the hardest part of my diet was cancelling out alcohol but I did and now only drink about once a week! This coming from the women that had wine every night:) I have more blood work in six weeks so we shall see. It will be interesting to see if my Thyroid appears with more normal numbers again and I'll keep you guys posted.
Now like I said more Kobi pics to come!

3 comments:

Staci said...

Love the pictures! He's such a cutie boy...as always. :) So glad to hear you don't have diabetes!! That's awesome news. I've been trying to cut out sugar in our diets too, which is sooo hard!

shelley said...

Such a beautiful boy you have.

Great job on the lifestyle change. So many people want meds to make it all ok....just a few changes and maybe sacrifices and you can make it better. CONGRATS!!

We are hoping for TA this week for our boy. I may need "boy things" advice....I have had a great time shopping for clothes. Such cute stuff out there.

Shelley

Just Us said...

YIPEEE SHERRY!!! I been thinking a lot about you and hoping that your follow up went well. You are so awesome and so happy for you that you are keeping this under control through diet!! That is the best, though the hardest to do. Keep up the great work and again soooo happy for you!