Wednesday, February 6, 2008

When you actually sort through pictures...

Sometimes you find ones that say "When the heck did I take that?" Anyway... I thought these were cute and so here you are world :)
Beach 2007
Playing in August(Look at those lips)Playing at Pop-Pops & G-Mama's house in JuneIn all likelihood a mama and Guru shopping excursion:)Kobi in his "pre" walking daysA very serious photo attemptOne year ago (Kobi's 1st real snow fall)
Has he really been with us for only 13 months?? It feels like forever...
I truly have seen the face of Taiwan adoption change since I started the process in May 2006. Back then my husband and I waited 57 days to see our son's face. 57 days was all it took for us to finish our homestudy, dossier and receive the referral of our son. The wait was an arduous six months after that and trust me it felt like an eternity but now it is all a distant memory. I truly sympathize for all you waiting families out there. I can not imagine what you are feeling as you watch your own wait times grow from 57 days to 365 days to 2 years and so on. I pray that you all have a more stable "mental" foundation then I surely ever did. As you all know I love to follow adoption blogs and to share in your journeys to all those beautiful children. Watching "Gotcha Day" videos and just seeing the happy, smiling faces of the families that traveled before me really help to keep my sanity during the long wait. So now I feel compelled to share my home movies and my millions (and millions:) of pictures with you all to maybe help you get through a day when you check your email and the agency hasn't responded or the packet thats suppose to arrive dosen't. Just hang in there and trust me it will happen... until then you can check out what Kobi's been up to.
***On a special note***
Kobi's newest (clearly spoken) sentence's are:

Ni Hao Ma? (How are you?)
&
What The HECK?!
Yes... my son is finally speaking some Mandarin. Go figure?? I just can not believe he listens to me. LOL! He has been talking for a long time and I am extremely happy with the way his language has developed. He has been saying small words together for quite sometime now and they all usually come out very clearly. However the other day when I walked into his bedroom (early morning to get him ready) he stood up in the crib and with a huge smile said "Ni hao ma?" I got to say my heart just fell right in my chest! I couldn't believe how perfectly he said this sentence!! I will try my hardest to get a new video of him talking.
Now you may be wondering when he said "What the HECK!?" Again a very proud mama here:) I was totally tossing him in to the carseat when I hit his huge head (I mean bumped it) on the car door and looked down at my son's big beautiful brown eye's (checking for a concussion) when he looked right at my face and said "WHAT THE HECK!? Again I just could not believe how perfectly spoken this sentence was!! Now please don't turn me in to child services... LOL:)

8 comments:

LaLa said...

Hey, Annslee has a big noggin too and it has been bumped often but I didn't get a "what the heck" but would have loved it!

I love all the pics you have found : )

Yeah, we waited only 6 months for our referral from China...what a difference it is now!

The Rose Queen said...

Well, I am glad that the photos aren't from today or that would be abuse!LOL! Too cold for that! Anyway, as always he is adorable.

Tish said...

i've been waiting, waiting, waiting for a new post from you!!! thanks for all th ekobi photos...too cute! and the stories of his new sentences made me laugh so hard! glad you are back in the blogging action!

Andrea M said...

If I had a What the Heck for every time I bumped chick's head getting her in her seat... she'd definitely not be saying anything else! German parking garages are quite tight lets put it that way.
That is so great you are teaching him Mandarin. We are just trying to get her speak anything coherent at this point.
Can't wait to hear Kobi saying his new sentences.

JEff said...

I am pretty sure that I am going to be driving down the road one day with Reed sitting in the backseat and some car cut us off and I'll hear, "Stupid, what did you do that for!"

Brady Balighian said...

Hey Kobi, I can't wait to see you next Saturday. I have a wee little cold but I'm sure I'll be better by then:)

Sarah said...

"What the heck!?" How funnee!

R... said...

Great post! There's so much here - adorable photos and your reflections on the past few years. Really nice. Very nice! Thanks!

R...