Sunday, January 20, 2008

We Will Miss You


On Friday Matthew's grandmother passed of congestive heart failure. She was 93. Along with having an amazing life she had taught us so much. Up until the very end she cracked jokes and she could vividly remember every event that had happened in her life. Friday January 18th marked a very sad night in our household. I spent some of Wednesday night alongside her hospital bed and after everyone had left her room she looked right at me and said "I could really use a bottle of wine"! Now this coming from a lady that I've never seen drink. She had me ready to hop on over to the nearest liquor store buy a bottle of wine and smuggle it back into the hospital. We did joke about that...
She was my teacher when it came to sewing and she was like a second mother to Matthew, always giving him "what for" if he didn't treat the ladies right:) We will miss her sense of humor, her laughter and her great stories. I know that she's up there now and watching over us. Nan... I'll drink a bottle for you:)

9 comments:

LaLa said...

So sorry to hear this but it sounds like she lived her life well. Love those sweet pics with Kobi..what a treasure to have : )

Sarah said...

Matthew and Sherry, I'm sorry to hear that your Nan passed away. She sounds like quite a gal and will be missed very much.

Just Us said...

Sherry I'm sooo sorry to hear read this. I brought tears to my eyes reading it and brought back memories of my grandmother I loss a few years ago. I'll keep you all in my prayers to make it through this difficult time and to rejoice in her beautiful life and memories you will always have of her. Kristie

Tish said...

My sympathies in her passing but how wonderful that your memories of her are so full of joy and laughter. What a treasure!

Andrea M said...

I'm so sorry Sherry. My thoughts are with you all.

Brady Balighian said...

So very sorry. I was lucky enough to meet Nan a few times and she was such a kind person. I know she will be missed a lot.

Laura said...

So sorry to hear about your Nan. She sounds like she was quite the lady.

Tisra said...

Though it is more understandable to lose those older than us, it is never *easier*. I am so sorry that your family feels a bit emptier right now.

R... said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. She sounds like a beautiful person and it's so wonderful that she was able to spend time with Kobi.