Wednesday, August 1, 2007

My First...

It may feel like 200 degrees but I still went to the zoo! (My 1st time!)I mainly just fried... it was to hot to chill.Checked out 1 cool cat...I wasn't to sure of my tour guides...Pointed at one freaky bird...and actually got to see my favorite animal...A BEAR!Other kids were looking so I stood like a big boy...
Then mama said the heck with this its to HOT!So then home I went and took off all my clothes. It was naked fest 2007!
Banged my toys for G-Mama...and showed her my butt!She was amused but I thought it was hysterical!


So yes it felt like the hottest day of the year and me being the bright mama that I am took Kobi (and G-mama) to a sweltering zoo. This zoo was the roughest terrain I've ever been on:) No joke! There were no concrete walks just gravel, rocks and dirt and those of you who know me personally realize that I don't own a pair of sneakers. (OK I do but I don't dare wear them in public... occasionally flip-flops:) So yes people I practically hiked my son around the zoo (in my smaller stiletto's... Thank God!), hit every huge rock along the way and needed help getting his stroller unstuck a number of times. So it was some experience to stay the least. Kobi seemed to love every minute however so that means next zoo trip will be to the DC Zoo! I know they have concrete there! LOL! I also realize now that the Maclaren Stroller was an exceptional buy! No wheels missing after a trip "hike" like this!

*This is the non-cropped picture. Yes these shoes are comfortable and NO I'm not the "Nature Type"? LOL!


10 comments:

LaLa said...

Well, you know we go to the Zoo weekly but we do have concrete LOL

OK...those shoes..are you joking??!! Girl, I live in flip flops.

The pics of Kobi are adorable as always..seriously, can we talk about an arranged marriage??? If he likes older women then Annslee if younger then Malia...hey, we would be fun inlaws after all...and what cute grandbabies.. LOL

Tiffany said...

OMG I need those shoes!!! Seriously the funniest story I've ever read but if I'm being honest I'm always a slave to fashion. I'm so with you on the sneakers! For workouts (haha) only and mine haven't seen a workout in sometime now.
I'm picturing the terrain, the shoes and the stroller and LOL!
I cannot wait to meet you guys. Mr Kobi is awesome - too cute. It was so stinkin hot today but you guys are lookin fly :)
anxiously awaiting your next adventure.

Tiffany

Andrea M said...

Huh, Sneaker Girl here. I haven't worn shoes like that since...I worked when Patrick was 6 mths old, so like 5 years ago? Me and my Reeboks are best friends :) Though I did have surgery on my heel so maybe that's it. I wish I could wear shoes like that though!
Looks like the zoo was a hit even though it was hot. You'll love the DC zoo - it's incredible! (and concrete and free to boot)

shelley said...

You crack me up with those shoes....those aren't regulation zoo shoes. We went to the zoo in Colorado..built on the side of the mtn. Not built for fat people. It was uphill the whole way!!!!

Ann said...

Seriously you need some flips!!!

I love the butt picture, it's too too cute!!

JEff said...

He just gets cuter and cuter. I bet he'll have you in a pair of New Balance by 2008.

Anonymous said...

Sherry...you go girl in those stilettos, too funny! You gotta get you some high heeled flip flops (or slippers like we call them here in Hawaii)..they have some really nice ones with jewels/sequences on them...very fashionable so you don't lose your sense of style :)

Laura said...

You needed a dip on the pool after your hot zoo day! That's what we did on Saturday... zoo and then pool.
I can't fathom wearing those shoes (although they are cute)... I am definately a flip flop kind of girl.

R... said...

This looks like such a fun trip to the zoo! I enjoyed all of the pictures as well as the "gear tips" (I'm checking out that Maclaren as well as the ATS (All Terrain Stilletos) ;-).

Tisra said...

I'm not saying that I don't wear my brown suede Sketchers lace-ups, but I think its great that you don't dress down. So many people get frumpy when they become moms and it doesn't have to be that way. Its just as easy to wear something nice, and most times just as comfortable. Kobi is a doll, as always, and looks like he cooled off well once home. Nothing beats a summer baby in just a diaper!