Monday, May 14, 2007

One Year Ago...

So it's the start of "Kobi's Birthday Week"! We kicked it off on Mother's Day and will continue festivities til next Sunday:) I have to say that I feel bad for daddy who shares a Birthday week with Kobi. Poor daddy. It's neat that they share a birthday 5 days apart but from now on Matthew gets to blow out Birthday candles with a helper. Its hard to believe that a year ago my son was born in Taiwan, that a year ago we started our adoption journey and that a year ago I was dreaming of becoming a mama. Today I was thinking a lot about Su-O and I can not imagine how she must be feeling right now. I can only hope that she receives our photo's and video's we send of Kobi, that they are not sitting in a box somewhere. That she is wearing the neckless and bracelet we've sent remembering this amazing child she has brought into this world. As I watched my son dig into his cake I was thinking of her. As I watched my niece help Kobi blowout his 1st candle I made a wish that she was succeeding in life and feeling OK with the decision she had made for him. I can only imagine my son growing older and wishing for the same thing at every Birthday until hopefully the day he meets her again.

So Happy Birthday Babies and man I'm glad I'm the one who gets to share them with you!Mother's Day 2007!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Kobi! And Happy Mother's Day Sherry! Many, many more special days to come :)

Brady Balighian said...

Happy Mother's Day! You are such a great mom. I know Kobi's BM would be so proud of how you take care of Kobi.