Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Our Adoption Story




Matthew and I are very excited to be first time parents and hopefully there will not be to many more date nights like these too much longer! We hope to get "The Travel Call" very, very soon and can not wait to hold Kobi for the First Time! To help the time pass a little quicker I thought a blog would fill everyone in on the past couple of crazy months that our household has been through! We started the adoption process in the beginning of May 06' and can not believe how fast (and slow at times) it has gone. In May we signed on with New Hope out of Seattle to help place us with a child. In June we received a letter stating the agencies closure. Matthew and I were devastated! We really thought the closing of this agency meant we would have to start from square one again. Me being the extremely organized women that I am had already gathered all the paper work , started the home study and had mailed off for an I-600A approval to Baltimore. So you can imagine the anxiety I felt on June 21st (the day we received the letter). The next couple days following New Hope's announcement had me calling every agency out of complete desperation, just hoping there was someone, another agency that could place us with a child from Taiwan. (Our age being the deciding factor in almost every ones quick response of... NO!) On June 26th we got "The Call"! Our caseworker had said there was 1 little boy left and were we interested? Were we interested?! I couldn't believe it! So with much surprise & excitement I can announce we have a SON! His name is Kobi Sheng-An...

For the next two months these 2 pictures were all I had of my dear little boy. I stared at them every night and just wished for a quick adoption process! That was in late June and it is now almost December...

1 comment:

insanemommy said...

I cried my eyes out looking at your cute little man. You are one lucky girl. He is precious beyond words.

Insane mommy