Saturday, May 16, 2009

Kobi Turns 3!

Its hard to believe that three years ago today Su-O was giving birth to our son and probably experiencing one of the scariest days of her life in exchange for one of our happiest. All that has happened to him in that short time frame and all that he has experienced has truly been amazing. To think of all the places and people in Taiwan that raised my son for me while I eagerly waited to and the wonderful foster family that took him in and loved him as their own bambino while our power of attorneys and judge worked to form his future here in America. The first couple months of his life he had been passed around like a gypsy and now here he is with us (the most home-body like of people). Poor kid if he doesn't grow up confused it will be a wonder :) So since today is Su-O's special day (I truly believe mine is Dec 18th... the first moment I held Kobi) then I wanted to do something that possibly she would take him to do on his birthday in Taiwan. So when I heard that the Dragon Boat Festival was happening in DC it only seemed natural to go. For such a gloomy day it was lots of fun.
Pictures of Georgetown
(great shopping!)








The Kennedy Center
If I were cool I'd live in one of these urban condos overlooking the water :)
Returning home for lunch we cooked a very "Marylander" tradition. Crabs... yummy! Kobi was so fascinated by the crabs but after we steamed them he could not understand why they weren't moving. Maybe next birthday he'll understand??


After lunch/ nap we headed to a Hibachi Grill for dinner. It was a totally fun experience that Kobi loved!
And since our son will always choose fruit over cake, cupcakes or ice cream (I know weird right??) daddy made him this bunny out of a honeydew melon. Isn't it cute! The eyes are carrots, the nose is a chocolate kiss and the strawberries he dipped in dark chocolate. Yummy!
Happy 3rd Birthday Baby!

2 comments:

LaLa said...

Happy Birthday handsome boy!!! Glad you had a good day : )

Coffee and Vanilla said...

Wonderful blog and story (!)
Your son seems like my daughter that likes more fruits including tomatoes more than anything else ;)
Happy Birthday KOBI!!! :)
Margot