Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Country Picnic

Again daddy made another bunny melon. I had to post this one because I just think its cuter then the last :) He changed up the eyes and used tapioca pearls (instead of carrots) and the nose is the bunny ears cut off of a Peep all held together by toothpicks. Next daddy is working up to these amazing works of art. (click here)
The picnic we attended on Sunday was way out in the country and we drove through some beautiful farms to get there. Now growing up I did view myself as a country girl but it takes a certain criteria for me to categorize "way out country".
Examples...

A. The original outhouse has been removed (only in recent years).
B. The elders homemade alcohol is passed around and yes some of it is made from dandelions.
C. You have to remove the black snake (that has affectionately been named Billy) to open the cooler in the shed.
D. Etc, etc... you get the idea.
These are just some examples I can think of off the top of my head.

That being said it was a great party (snakes and all) with the best food! Country folks sure can cook!


I love this picture. In the past couple weeks Kobi has become infatuated with motorcycles and race cars so when he saw this chopper he had to make a "tough man face" and tell us that he was "To Fast To Furious". (I swear!)


After party bedtime. He didn't even make it to the bed. Isn't that little butt so cute? :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a handsome little guy

Karin and Rob said...

What a beautiful mother-son portrait!